View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #235
Toast

My Ride: 2010 C300 Sport
Do you actually have the euro light control module? Or just the light switch panel with the rear foglight button? I have wired up the rear foglamps myself. The way I see it is, replacing the light switch panel with the one from euro spec cars only adds the rear foglight button, and does nothing else to the car. The fact that you didn't change the huge black box behind the light switch panel shows that you are still infact using the US lighting system. In that case the US lights would suit my car (and your car) the most? Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Again I hope to have a definite answer from Autowerks. If they need someone to test the lights for them, I don't mind doing the testing for them. I do hope to see these lights being shipped out soon, as I've been waiting for them since June.

While I'm at it, I have a question for Autowerks. I was wondering if you guys plan to produce aftermarket trunk lights that resemble the coupe LED style trunk lights (the one with the thin strip of clear for the back up light)? The only reason why I'm not getting the trunk lights along with my order is because IMHO none of them looks "correct", so i'd rather stick with my stock prefacelift trunk lights until these hit the market. Or maybe I'll have a bodyshop help me paint a set to resemble the ones on the coupe. But if Autowerks plan to produce the LED coupe style trunk lights, I'll definitely be down for a set. Attached is a picture of the trunk light in question. Thanks!

BTW my order is #18290, in case you guys need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA

2) You mentioned that there are two version of the LED lights. One is for the Euro specs and one is for the US market. With regards to the LED lights, what consititute euro specs and non-euro specs? Some of us (including myself) have euro-specs LCM/LKM.

eventhough the precentage of US cars with euro-specs LCM/LKM is small I think my above question warrants an answer due to the possibility of destroying the LCM/LKM if buying an incorrect version of the LED as your claimed.