View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 03:58 PM   #236
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Hey guys,

It's your daily update on the LED drama, but I feel we have to set the record straight on a few items posted in the other thread.

First, what you see in the other thread are PROTOTYPE units. The manufacturer knows this and the other retailer knows this. In fact, Eagle Eyes offered to buy those units back from this retailer in order to get them off the market, but he refused.

Why else would Eagle Eyes send that retailer a recall notice, why else would the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) contact that retailer notifying them that it is a $15,000 fine to distribute a recalled product?

How do I know they are prototypes? Well, the final versions work and don't need any further testing or modifications. Therefore, why is this retailer still testing the lights? Also, you can plainly see in the video the LED flicker that was present in the prototypes that has been fixed in production units (this occured on cold startups). And lastly, there is no pan of the camera directly from the dashboard to the tail lights - these units still cause a dash board fault code.

I am all for free market competitiveness but this is ridiculous. I hate to be this blunt, but I can't stand to see customers lied to in this manner. And for those of you that are frustrated by the shipping delays on this product, it is 100% because of this other retailer not complying with the recall.

As consumers, you can certainly make your own decisions on how best to spend your money. My only advice in this situation is do some homework before making that decision.

Last edited by Josh@AutoWerks; 01-03-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote