View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 05:59 AM   #18
DanteArizona

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Ok, I'll admit, I know nothing about chipping cars.... but there are some questions regarding this paragraph from the Autowerks site...

"Powerchip is a high-tech modification that is not simple to produce. The advantage is that it is generally simple to install and tucks away from sight. With the added feature of being electronically undetectable, it is one of the only ways of modifying a vehicle under warranty, without voiding that warranty. Even though the changes we make are noticeable from the “seat-of-the-pants,” it cannot be detected by a dealer-vehicle diagnostic system. This means that your clients can improve the performance of their vehicles without any negative dealer or warranty repercussions. "

1) Does this replace a chip or add to it?
2) Electronically undetectable? -- Diagnostics won't see any revision history?
3) "Tucks away from site"? -- What are the chances and consequences of it actually being seen?

Don't get me wrong, Im interested -- VERY in fact, but I don't want to nuke my warranty because some tech sees my Exterior Modded car and starts to poke around to see if anything has been adapted.