View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 12:41 AM   #6
vodkarocket

My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKNiC3
For DVD players, as mentioned already, up-converting is what's popular. In my case, I was looking at the Denon 2910 until I decided to not blow all that money on a dvd player that I'll only use for like a year and get the HD DVD play or a Blue Ray.

Magnolia already has a Toshiba HD DVD up on display, might want to take a look at that. We have no content to show on it yet though. But this kind of opens a can of worms as no one knows if HD DVD or Blue Ray will succeed yet.

So what I did was instead of spending too much money on a dvd play, I just picked up a Sony upconvert DVD for like 150 bucks and using it for now until I know whether HD dvd or Blue Ray will stay.

As far as Recievers go, depending on your budget, Denons and Yamahas are generally really good.
You work at Magnolia/Best Buy? Hook it up with a discount! Everytime I go I drop a buddy's name and they give me about 10% off.
2006 M3 Vert - OEM hardtop, Work VS-XX, BBS CH w/ JDM red caps, JIC/CROSS Competition Coilovers 564F/787R/RSM/Camber plates, Eibach F/R sways, Axxis Deluxe +, Eisenhaus Meisterschaft TI 83mm, Supersprint V2 headers, Supersprint Sections 1&2, V-CSL full CF bootlid, bumper, diffuser & hood, Hardwired V1, Icelink+
vodkarocket is offline   Reply With Quote