View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
M_Thrizzle

My Ride: '01 M3 Coupe
Angry iPod HiFi - waste of $$

I just read about Apple's new iPod HiFi. It is kind of ridiculous that this powered speaker is $350 and can ONLY play music from an iPod. From reading the specs, it looks like there are no other inputs. For $350, you could get a computer speaker system that you could plug your iPod into as well as another source (computer, TV, Sat Radio). I'm sure the HiFi sounds decent, but you cannot get crisp highs with those fairly large cone drivers, nor deep bass from a 6" woofer.

And Apple introduced a leather case for the Nano for $99! That's half the price of what goes inside of the case.

If these products are hits, I really do not understand iPod fanatics. These new products are great marketing hype, but are overpriced and not versatile. Just my opinion.

BTW, I am not totally anti-Apple - I just got the new Moto SLVR w/ iTunes, but it has a stupid 100 song limit. I am assuming this is so that the SLVR does not canabilize iPod sales, since if you could put a 1 or 2 GB mem card in it, people would probably prefer the SLVR over a Nano. I wonder if someone will hack it?

RIP: 2004 G35 coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite | OEM Brembo's | Z-tube, K&N, Plenum Spacer, Stillen Sway Bars
M_Thrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote