View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #15
JimboM3

My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3
For one, never put a rack in direct view of the monitor. The lights of the rack no matter how masked (I see you have a mesh door on the rack) will still be apparent and distract the eye. Two, did you centerline the room? It doesnt look like the tv is center with that wall vent. Maybe its just me being picky, but whenever I lined a room, I would either a) move that vent over center to the tv if it were off center, b) center the tv on the vent.

Also, is that left channel speaker straight? Looks crooked in the picture.

Three, do not place speakers on the bottom edge of the display, always center to the vertical axis of the tv.
thnx for the critizms:

1) The Rack is 5 ft from the LCD and recessed into the other bedroom closet.
a. The cabinet is from Middle Atlantic and it was special designs for AV and the door is not meshed, its charcoal smoke plexi w/anti-glare coat

2) Believe me, the Speakers/LCD are right on dot level- had laser line leveler/traditional leveler and on top of that this customer is a "walking human leveler"

3) I agree with you with the placement of speakers being center of TV axis, but this is how this customer perfer with this setup and I won't agrue with a paying customers and acoustically a few inches up would not make a difference.

Again, once the room is setup, i will follow up with some more pixs......
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote