I think it may have been a few run ins with a less-than-clean microfiber towel. The "scratches" are nothing deep and are completely unable to be felt even when using the plastic bag method.
How about this: Can I use my newly purchased PC (from you guys of course!) with some spot buffs? Basically I'd look to do the following. Tell me how this sounds:
1) Apply P21S Finish Restorer to ORANGE Spot Buff generously.
2) Work the wheel, making sure to build up heat; buff off with clean MF
3) Apply Wenol Red to WHITE Spot Buff generously.
4) Repeat step 2.
5) Apply Wenol Blue to BLACK Spot Buff generously.
6) Repeat step 2.
7) Apply PB Wheel Sealant by hand and allow to dry to haze
8) Buff off with clean microfiber.