Thread: Chris Bangle
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #18
gimpyviper

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 - PYM
Send a message via AIM to gimpyviper
Agreed, purist who think a car company strays too far from a "traditional" design should look at Cadillac and Buick. When the average age of your buyers are octogenarians that's a big issue. BMWs are the "Ultimate Driving Machine" not "old-fart-mobile" and they aren't successful because they keep their designs traditional. If anything you should be happy they've thrown the traditional design a bone and kept the kidney grilles and headlight layouts. Do you think Cadillac is experiencing a renaissance because there's suddenly more octogenarians? Nope two things - Escalade and Pimp My Ride. That's why Cadillac has come back. And I'm sure there are TONS of traditionalist who hate all the new Caddy designs but GM doesn't care because they sell.

Let it go people.... let it goooooooooo

The people who DON'T like the "Bangle" era are in the minority anyway (according to that Forbes poll not scientific, but still...) and no petition is gonna change BMW's opinion because 1) They specifically wanted to bust the mold, 2) More people like them than don't and most critically 3) They sell like hot cakes.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
gimpyviper is offline   Reply With Quote