Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #57
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface
What are your views on Marijuana? Say if you saw a car that was driving obediently but with no front plate or tints or something, and you pulled it over and upon doing so noticed that the 4 occupants are all wearing Bob Marley or some kind of rastafarian shirt/clothes. The car has the slight aftersmell of herb. A few of the people inside are obviously high. Would you book them anyway, even if they followed the road rules and appeared to be civilized and law-abiding?
Yes. Would I take somebody to jail for being drunk even if the only reason why I stopped them is tinted windows. So, why would I give someone a break for being under the influence of something that's illegal? If nothing else, they'll get a ticket, and absolutely NO le-way on whatever's wrong with their car.

Quote:
Would you go through the trouble of taking anybody in soley based on Marijuana? I dont mean catching somebody with an oz/lb drug trafficking, I mean somebody with a quarter ounce who got pulled over for speeding and happened to have some on them.
As long as they're not under the influence, then they'll just get a ticket for the possession, as long as it's less than an ounce.

Quote:
How do most other cops view this? Do they hate MJ with a passion? Do they not really care?
I can't answer for them. We all have options. Alot of the time, I'll just grind the weed into the ground and ignore it. Again, depending on the amount, and the driver's attitude.

Quote:
Have you ever shot somebody?
Nope. Gun out ALOT, but never had to use it, thankfully. Been in one fight where I had to stick a guy. I usually use verbal judo, and control the situation before it gets to that point.

Quote:
Whats the most dangerous situation you have been in so far in your career?
I'm not sure of the single most dangerous situation. Usually it's traffic related. Rain night, lanes blocked, flares won't stay lit, blind curve. I've never been in a situation where I was scared out of my mind.

Quote:
If your on the freeway and a very fast car (i.e; ///M3, 996 tt...) comes zooming past you at 120+ and shows no sign of slowing down, would you be willing to take it into the high triple digits to catch them? I have been told that if you are speeding at 100+ and pass a cop, then you should by NO means slow down because that gives them opportunity to catch you. If your already going that fast, chances are when you slow down thats when the cop will move in.
Radio. Shoot past me at those speeds, and you're likely to get called in to the next unit. I'll try to catch up to you, but it all depends. The real question is this. Why wouldn't you stop? You broke the law, you pass a cop, you need to face the consequences. Is it unsafe to travel at those speeds? Absolutely. So why are you doing it in the first place?
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote