Old 03-26-2006, 12:02 AM   #3
e46m54325ci
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Has TWO Turbos!!!
Send a message via AIM to e46m54325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
Hey guys,

Its that time again...my dad is looking for a new car. He needs an SUV, so he can occasionaly store some items for his customers. Basically he likes these 4 cars, and i was wondering if anyone can give us some feedback as to which car would be the best buy. He isnt really a person who speeds alot, but he does like power...

2006 X5 4.4i --- 315hp-- All-wheel Drive
2006 Range Rover Sport HSE --- 300hp --- Permanent 4WD
Cayenne S --- 340hp ---All-wheel Drive
Tuareg v8 4.2 --- 310hp --- All-wheel Drive

Ive heard that the maint. on the Tuareg and the RR arent great. I dont know too much about x5 and basically about any of these SUV's.

My dad is looking to purchase a car by June/July, but he is willing to wait if a new generation is beig released. Does anyone know if the X5 is being redesigned for 2007? We have sat in, and drove the cayenne, and my dad really loved the sound of the car, and the power...but that the was the turbo, so anyone who has had a chance to check these cars out could really help.

Let me know,
Thanks in advance
we test drove a cayenne S for my mom when her ford expidition dies (soon, lol) and it was very nice, however for the price of this group and contenders, the BMW X5 4.8is is in the competition, it is faster, stops better and handles better than all of these, absolutely fully loaded it's just under $75k, the price of a nicely equipped cayenne S and close to a well equipped X5 4.4i, which definitely makes it the best car- I'd say X5 4.8is is best bet- wouldn't regret it, plus it looks cool with it's special suspension and wheels they're like 12 in wide in the back, lol, oh it get's better gas mileage than the cayenne s and VW, prob better than the rover too!!