I got this for u:
E46 service interval reset
Keep Button pressed for 5 seconds after key is switched on. Tap button of reset display.
Reset procedure for clusters with SIA IV using the reset mode (possible form 9/99 for E46, MY2001 E52).
• Ignition key must be off.
• Press and hold the trip odometer button in the instrument cluster (left button) and turn the ignition key to the first position.
• Keep the button pressed for approx. 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: "Oil Change" or "Inspection" with "Reset".
• Release the reset button and press and hold again the "Reset "begins to flash.
• While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval. After the display has shown the new interval, the following will appear:
The system can only be reset again after 2.5 gal (10 liters) of fuel have been consumed.
Grounding pin seven (7) of the diagnostic connector would reset the service lights. I found that grounding pin seven (7) for ~3 seconds applied to an oil service reset and that ~9 seconds applied to the inspection service reset.
I haven't try myself tbh
Exclusive French language fans site of the Compact.
Last edited by regleouf; 03-26-2006 at 02:37 PM.