Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 01:36 PM   #111
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Okay guys and gals. I've got a favor to ask of you. I don't know how many here drink (even a little bit) and hop in their car to drive home, but PLEASE quit with that non-sense! If you have friends who do it, call a cab for 'em. Here's why I ask this:

Last night, while at the scene of an accident where a car had gone over the side of the road and flipped into a creek (On Brea Blvd. north of Tonner Canyon Rd. in north Orange County for those that might know where that is). It happens about once a month or so in that spot. So the car over the side is nothing new. Here's the problem. There's about five or six feet from the side of the road to where the 45 degree dirt and rock embankment drops thirty feet or so to the creek. My patrol car was parked as far off the road as possible, with the lights on to the rear. I was standing in front of my car, with three other CHP Officers when I looked to my right (past my patrol car) and saw a pick-up truck coming towards us at a high rate of speed (I guessed about 70 in the 55 zone). I figured that the truck would slow down and move over to the left as it got closer. But, I kept watching just to make sure (a habit that I've gotten myself into). As the truck got to about 500 feet away, I saw that it wasn't slowing down, or moving over, just heading straight for my car (which was about 20 feet away from us). I told everyone to "look out" as I started to figure out how to get out of the way (nowhere to go). Luckily the numbnut driving swerved out of the way about 30 feet from the patrol car!! THIRTY FEET!!!! He never slowed down, either. Anyway, he rockets past us and spins out in the next curve. Two of the other Officer's get in their patrol car (which was across the road on a dirt shoulder), and take off after the truck. End up catching the guy, who is like a .20% (legal limit in California is .08%). That bastard took like six months off my life just because he wanted to go have some drinks... Lucky he didn't kill all four of us............

Please, don't do it yourself, and don't let your friends do it. We've had two Officer's killed i the last three months by getting hit by drunk drivers. Don't let someone you know be the person who kills another one!

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote