View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
kpg111

My Ride: E46 Wagon
Interior Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDGarage
Guess what the shiny coating on your wood grain is? Yup, Clear coat. Similar to the Clear found on your exterior. Vinylex is a fantastic product for dash & door plastics and it will not harm your wood grain but if you really want your wood grain to stand out do what I do.

Wipe all interior trim down with a QD spray and then mask off all the surrounding plastic and leather with blue tape. Treat the trim just like you paint. If it is scratched and oxidized start with something like Menzerna Intensive Polish. Work the product in by hand using a microfiber applicator in a liner motion. Buff off residue with a microfiber and repeat with Final Finish. Top it all of with FMJ of Klasse and all I will say is "WOW". You won't believe the difference. The best part is that the scratches are gone or minimized and there is a great layer of protection on there now. For the next year a QD spray and microfiber is all you need to keep on top of it.

Hope this helps.

If you have more questions about this procedure or other don't hesitate to contact me.

Brett @ OCD
Let me try this on my interior trim. Thanks.
kpg111 is offline   Reply With Quote