Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #123
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBimmer
I do it because it gets me where I need to go.. granted I dont do 100 mph everywhere or even 90 mph everywhere but there are times on highways especially in the MD/Va area where you BETTER be going at least 80 or your going to get run over. it just bothers me to know that its ok for a police officer to drive 80 but if I do it I get a ticket..
Like I've said, I speed both on and off duty. It's something that everyone does. Is there are reason for me to speed on duty? Absolutely. The reason just might not be apparent to other people around me.

Quote:
The same with tint.. I was getting my car tinted for the 6th time after my 6th repair order and there was a cop in the shop and we were talking he was getting 5% all the way around INCLUDING his WINDSHIELD! this to me is not fair at all..
Think about it this way. There are people out there who don't like cops. In fact, they don't like them enough to want to physically harm them. These turds wouldn't hesitate to shoot a cop if they recognized them and saw them driving around in their own car. For a cop to have tinted windows on their own car is a safety issue. And, you're not going to want to hear this, but; most cops do not write other cops tickets (for speeding or otherwise). Cars look better with tinted windows, so most cops can get away with it. Is it BS? Maybe. But if you can't beat 'em, join 'em
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote