View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
Detailed Image
Sponsor

My Ride: Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to Detailed Image
Chilenko, from your post on the Wheel Help thread this is what you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilenko
I have tar and brake dust stuck in small crevices in my chrome rims and can't get rid of it. What can I use to loosen this up so I can remove it?
From the looks of the pictures it did do the job it was designed to do, loosen up tar and brake dust and that is what you said it did accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilenko
The Finish Restorer was very effective at removing tar and other debris, but the wheels still have a ton of little scratches.
The product is not abrasive enough to remove scratches and we never claimed it did. I hope there was not any confusion with what we posted and what your expectations were. Chrome is very tough to care for and unless you start hitting it with an abrasive metal polish and a wheel, I'm not sure how you are going to effectively remove those scratches without getting it rechromed as PYRITE mentioned.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, it just sounds like there was a little miscommunication. How did the rest of the products work out for you?

Let us know if there's anything else we can do, maybe some other can chime in with the scratches on the chrome wheels.

Sincerely,

George @ DI

Wash & Dry Products, Clay Bars, Polishes, Sealants, and Waxes
10offe46 - Discount Code for 10% Off for e46fanatics members
Detail University - Detailing Enthusiast Discussion Forum
Detailed Image is offline   Reply With Quote