Old 03-30-2006, 03:12 AM   #226
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_e46
well after reading my other thread.
i am really new to this whole system.
what is going to happen when i show up to court. or rather what should happen?
You going to the Long Beach Court? It's the trailer in back. It can be really cramped in there, so show up early if you want to get a seat. Wear a suit and tie, if you have one. Otherwise, dress as nice as you have clothes for (no shorts are allowed in the courtroom).

The judge will do role call and have all the defendants/Officers check in. If for some reason the Officer doesn't show, then you get out of it. If he shows, then you sit there and wait your turn. At some point he'll offer traffic school, but I doubt you're eligible. He'll call you and your parent (yes, one of them has to go unless you're emancipated) up. The Officer testifies about what he saw, then you testify on your behalf. If you like, you don't have to testify. You can also simply admit fault and put yourself at the mercy of the court. I've never seen anyone do this, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. The judge will ask the Officer if he has anything to add. Then the judge makes his determination. You walk away with a slight limp from getting reamed, and go home

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote