View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #28
slow323ci
E46-free since 10-13-06

My Ride: 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I
CR is good for your normal every day items. They do alright with cars, but they are too general.

Being that a/v electronics itself is a big hobby, if you want the real info, you'd go to one of numerous forums out there as well as pick up the video and audio mags. They'll go into the small details that CR does not pick up and depending on what kind of consumer you are, it's up to you to decide.
One thing I like about CR as a source of information is that they are not emotionally involved with any of the products they test. They approach everything as if it was a ho-hum aplliance. I hate their car reviews because of that but appreciate that they cut through a lot of the BS.

When I bought my TV I looked at every information source I could find. I could afford to buy any TV on the market, but I don't like to waste my money. So if someone is willing to spend 25% more on a Pioneer TV that has a picture that is literally a hair better (if that) for HD programming, and significantly WORSE on standard-def programming, hey, it's a free country.

But to say that CR (which has an video testing facility that would embarass most A/V magazines) is a bad source of information is completely ignorant.
slow323ci is offline   Reply With Quote