View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
To clean the rim you can use simple automotive shampoo with a clean microfiber towel, microfiber mitt, sponge etc. Just make sure its very clean and rinse frequently with the two bucket method (let me know if you need info on that). Keeping your cleaning tools clean is essentail to cleaning effectively and not adding swirls or scratches. When you have really stuborn build up or your ready to deep clean the wheels I would recommend a metal polish.

You can apply a wax or sealant to the polished lip. I really like to apply a Wheel Sealant like the Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant or the Wheel Wax. This will help protect the wheels from high temperature brake dust build up and other road grime. Brake dust comes off the pads at several hundred degrees so they sizzle on the wheel and become embedded on the wheel. The Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant can resist temperatures up to 400+. On top of that the Wheel Sealant will also give the wheels a brilliant gloss that really makes the wheels look stunning. Apply multiple coats for increased protection and gloss. It applies and removes fairly easy, just buff on (I prefer a microfiber applicator) and buff it off with a clean cloth ( I prefer a nice microfiber). Wheel Wax is very similar except it has more cleaning properties that help remove contamination while protecting the wheel. The Poorboy's Wheel Sealant probably lasts a little longer but the Wheel Wax cleans a little better. Both are great and will protect your wheels very well.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need any more advice.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote