View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
tharaka

My Ride: 330i sedan
Lightbulb Non-external Amp System Upgrade [in progress..]

After reading a lot of threads on upgrading HUs, addings amps, replacing speakers, I'd say about 10% recognized and spoke to the non-external amp stock HUs.

After receiving my 3, well even during the few test drives of it, I noticed the sound quality lacking, in every aspect. It was great if you wanted to listen to AM only but one can only take so much news. You think you guys with the HK system have it bad.. try the non-HK 6 speaker setup! (joke)

With that said, I will keep this thread active as sort of a blog of my install progress, issues that arise, and feel free to ask away or provide feedback.

My only criteria currently for the install is to keep the stock HU present for interior asthetics, and run components up front, and either coax-s in the rear aalong with a small sub or 6.5" midbass in the rear (on order).

I want to stay away from the discussions of acoustic preferences here, and focus more on the install kinks that come up along the way, as the 6 speaker system is a little more challenging to work with.

So with that said, lets start..
tharaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.