View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #7
TwoE46s

My Ride: Dinan 330ci & 325it
I use a spray on wax or detailing spray just about evertime I dry my car - not only does enhance the shine, it also dramtically minimizes microscratches that you create when you dry the car.

I'm a fan of Griots Garage products, and had been using their detail spray for quite some time when I dried the car. When they came out with thier spray on wax, I now use it most of the time when I dry. I have found that the spray on wax requires a bit more buffing with than the detailing spray to get a really nice finish to it, so if I'm a bit rushed I'll still use detailing spray. I have also found that getting the spray on wax on the windows sucks - it seems that detailing spray can be buffed off easily.

After a good flooding rince, and pulling the car into the garage, I spray each section before I dry with a micro fiber towel. I then lightly buff the surface using a Griots' 100% cotton rag to get a really nice finish. The paint has that really slick feel when you do the final wipe, and I have found that I can go MUCH longer between waxes, and even longer between polishings. And by the way, the coupe is black, with 50,000 miles and still looks good enough to take to any local event or show & shine months after a "real"wax job using this process.
17X8 BBS RXs & 225/45 Toyo Proxes 4s
Coupe:(sold)
Dinan "S" plus Throttle Body & Stg 3 Software
Dinan Stage 2 Suspension
UUC Shifter
UUC Underdrive Pulleys
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s on factory M Double Spoke 68s
Track Stuff - 17X8 OZ SuperLeggeras & 235/40 Toyo RA1s; Shroth Harnesses
TwoE46s is offline   Reply With Quote