View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #49
Makakio

My Ride: 03 325i sport
Hey guys under warranty here's a control-arm tip:

Just took my car into an indy tech (RennWerks) to have new tires mounted and paid him an hours' worth of labor to look all around, drive and otherwise inspect everything on the car as my OEM warranty goes away in 6k miles and after that I'll have a $50 deductible to pay for warranty stuff (and some limitations to the warranty itself). He noticed a very slight vibration in the front end at 60 - 65mph, some slight feathering of the tire edges and a little play in the steering. Alignment OK, but he noticed it was the control arm bushings (the lower ones). So he wrote it up as "Lower control arm bushings are soft, causing uneven tire wear / feathering. Recommend replacement". I took that to my tech a couple of weeks later when I went in for an oil service and they pressed new bushings in under warranty, even though the bushings weren't cracked or broken, just "soft".

Nice. It's hard to feel a difference as I thought the car felt tight and precise to begin with, but I have noticed it sets into and holds a line better in long, fast sweeping turns and that slight vibration b/t 60 - 65mph is gone.

Last edited by Makakio; 04-21-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Makakio is offline   Reply With Quote