View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #22
e4t6

My Ride: 2001 330i Sport
Thumbs Up Eagle Eyes LEDs on my '01 330i Sport

Initially I did not get the rear bulb out warning. But once my car's LCM computer "learned" something was different (the obvious lower LED electrical resistance), the dash warning came on a couple of hours later. As suggested by another fanatic, I bought three resistor kits (the kit includes 2 resistors and the necessary quick connects; each kit is $9.99) from the Ebay seller velocityleds_1. These resistors are specific for curing automotive LED problems: no flash, fast flash, and bulb out warning. These resistors are very nice with their built in orange anodized finned heat sinks to cool them down. Very trick. You'll need a resistor for each LED function your LED tail light has: signal, brake, park. . .six total for the pair of Eagle Eyes e46 units. I mounted each resistor, with 3M automotive trim tape, behind the trunk lining on a convenient solid car body platform location. There is enough room in these locations for the heat sinks to do their job of cooling the resistors. Another Fanatic used a computer fan to further cool his resistors, which were all mounted and contained in an aluminum box. There's no need for this overkill, but the idea is "cool". Excuse the pun. ---BTW, I love these awsome tail lights!

Last edited by e4t6; 04-30-2006 at 09:32 PM.
e4t6 is offline   Reply With Quote