View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #33
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth
OK, here we go:

I have a 2001 330i and have installed the LED Tails and they work perfectly now.

- They are red/clear/red with the tails and brakes LEDs only, turn signal is incandescent.

- I have the OEM trunk lights, and have not changed them yet, although they dont match up perfectly, you can't really tell from a distance, and this will be my next purchase.

- I bought them on Ebay from seller "oemgermanparts" and they came in a Hella box, but I believe were made in Hong Kong.

- I had the dash warning indicating that my tail lights were out, but since I installed the load resistors purchased from Velocityleds_1 on E-bay, I have had no problems whatsoever, damn they look fresh!

- I LOVE LED"S TOO!!!!''

Pics:
These are made by DEPO. They are from DEPO.

But the resistor solution is troubling as those resistors get very hot and will eventually burn through the tape holding them. This is a dangerous solution.

What we had engineered and are still willing and able to do easily is a complete revision of the circuitry so that you never get the error, we can even enable to outside LEDs to work.