05-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta
My Ride: 02 325I, sport TB
| I have connected all the wire but there seems to be a problem when I try to program. I got the led's to blink 6 times for the number of things I'm going to program.
This is the part on the instructions I can't get pass from pac's site:
Turn the key to the accessory position (you do not need to hold the 'Mode' button at this time). The right LED will flash 5 times. This indicates it is programmed for version 5.
2. Press the 'Mode' button until the LEFT LED turns on, then release the button (This will erase all previous learned SWC and wireless remote functions). The INTERFACE is now ready to learn a command from the steering wheel.
3. Press the Volume UP button on the steering wheel and hold the button. Wait until the LEFT LED turns off before you release the button. Note: Please do not press and release the steering wheel button quickly! If you do not press any buttons on the steering wheel, the INTERFACE will time out after 7 seconds, which will turn off the LEFT LED and end programming. If you missed some buttons, you will have to start all over and program from the first button. If the LEFT LED turns off and goes to the right LED without pressing the steering wheel buttons, then there is a wiring issue.
4. The right LED will turn on at this time, waiting to learn from the wireless remote. Note: You do not have a timeout period when the RIGHT LED is on. You can take your time here. However, make sure there is no fluorescent lights or sunlight in sight of the INTERFACE other wise the RIGHT LED will turn off and go to the LEFT LED.
5. Press and hold the wireless remote Volume UP button while pointing the remote towards the INTERFACE's IR input. Wait until the RIGHT LED turns off before you release the button.
6. The LEFT LED will turn on.
7. From here you will do steps 3 through 6 again for each additional button to be programmed. So the next steering wheel button should be Volume DOWN and the wireless remote Volume DOWN. Note: The steering wheel buttons can be assigned any wireless remote function. So if you have for example a 'Mode' button on the steering wheel, you can program it a 'Mute' function from the wireless remote.
8. Once you finish programming the SWC buttons and wireless remote functions, the LEFT LED should be on. Wait for 7 seconds and both LEDS will flash 3 times. This indicates that the INTERFACE has exited programming. The INTERFACE's RIGHT LED will flash 5 times and will be in 'Run Mode'.
Also, I connected the YELLOW wire from the PAC-SWIX to the red/white wire w/ yellow dots to the steering wheel. I spliced into the wire that's going into the steering wheel about 2 inches from the small green plug that plugs into the bottom of the wheel. Does this sound right
Sigh, I guess I will call up PAC