[eas] *** DIY TUTORIAL - DICE iPod integration kit in e46 Coupe ***
View Single Post
06-14-2006, 01:45 AM
tom @ eas
european auto source
Join Date: Jun 2004
My Ride: e92 S/C M3
View My Garage
[eas] *** DIY TUTORIAL - DICE iPod integration kit in e46 Coupe *** (cont.)
11. Unwrap cloth sheath to expose needed 3-pin and 6-pin CD Changer connectors.
12. Connect 6-pin connector to DICE harness, this is keyed to only go in one direction.
13. Connect remaining 3-pin connector, verify connections are snug. Also note that the connector on the
side (BMW side) has the brown wire in the #1 position on the outside. This verifies this is the correct connector as there may be multiple 3-pin connectors in the vehicle.
14. Unravel trunk cable, and prepare to run to cabin area.
15. Fold down rear seats (if equipped) and run trunk interface cable underneath trunk liner towards back seat area.
16. Cable entering cabin area, next to driver's side rear seat hinge. Position cable towards bottom corner next to the bolster.
17. Remove bottom portion of seat by lifting on bottom cushion and push aside. Seat does not need to be removed from vehicle, but it may simplify the job.
18. Pull slightly on rear seat bolster and tuck the trunk harness cable away from view.
19. Angle with seat bolster pulled back with wiring tucked in.
20. Push seat bolster back into position to conceal wiring.
tom @ eas
View Public Profile
Find more threads by tom @ eas
Find More Posts by tom @ eas
Leave feedback for tom @ eas (3)