View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #43
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign
Those are (appear to be, no link was posted) racing dash manufactured DDE's They are actually a pretty good product overall, lately they have had a few QC issues with the wires actually coming off the ends of the bulbs and the electrodes falling out but thats not really something I ever saw myself.

The kits I sold when I was running Leistung were the same rings and inverters, we made a harness using the same DIY that was on here, I forget who wrote it, but it was old. The harness has fuses and a relay to isolate the DDE's as much as possible.

All that said, the way you have them wired right now is pretty dangerous. There is a fault in the inverters that can cause them to completely short then they fail, and the wire you tapped is INTEGRAL to the operation of your car. Sure its the same wire everyone else (including our kits) taps and uses, but the wire is tapped as a relay trigger in the kits we sell, where its tapped as a direct power wire the way you wired it. Please please please, find the DIY that uses a relay and correct this, I'd hate to see your car have issues over a failed CCFL inverter.

I'm not going to try to convince everyone not to buy these, the product we sell does cost more, it includes a lot of peace of mind, harness and a warranty.

When I sold those I did see rings burning out though, kindof weird. The inverter failures were pretty common (plan on it happenening) and the ring failures have started happening more recently.

-Tyler
I think this shows how great a vendor Tyler is in that he doesn't just come out and destroy this member for buying the e-bay kit. Also to share and be concerned that the method on connection could cause damage to his car and suggests he wire it another way and not something like "you have to buy my kit or else your car will burn to the ground". This definately shows someone trying to help and not just posting to peddle a sale.