View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #24
slow323ci
E46-free since 10-13-06

My Ride: 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoE46s View Post
My first one was a generic 5 hp B&S bike too, the next one was a Yamaha Mini Enduro, then I down graded to a Rupp Scramber so I could affort a bike and my first stereo (built in 8 track of course). But, I REALLY wanted a Trail 70 - a couple of other "older" guys had them, and those were the coolest! I've thought about trying to search for one and see if I could restore it, but they've probably gone through the roof now like the original Schwinn Orange Krates / Lemon Pealers (I saw one last year for $3500, and they were $75 new in the early 70s....) I thought the Harley Trail Hopper was cool too - I looked at them before I found the Mini Enduro.
Too funny - when I was a kid one of my neighbors had a Rupp mini dune buggy and another neighbor had an Orange Krate. Those were the days!

I've seen a few Trail 70's for sale recently, ones that run but need work seem to be about $500 and ones that are in great shape seem to be about $1500. I think my parents paid $150 for mine. I know the Harley was $268 brand new.
slow323ci is offline   Reply With Quote