View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #24
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickE46Bimmer View Post
I don't believe there is any mention of having to use the warranty more often...and i've heard plenty of warranty exchange issues with the chromiums, so i don't quite get this? If you guys don't sell them, how do you know how many go in on warranty exchange??

No need to "mention" it. We have sold well over 3000 Chromiums since the release - with 3 major additions to the line-up and many minor changes that aren't always announced. So yes, since 1000s of customers are out there, there will be reports of more issues. It's natural. I'd say we have probably a 1-2% component failure rate.

Now, if you "assume" we sell many more than the competition, than any comment about the competition's lack of quality is worse (due to the decreased numbers). This isn't mere speculation. If you did a poll on who has what kit, you'll see quite quickly where those numbers are.

If you ask me, a free warranty exchange, even if you have to replace them, sounds good to me. I've been reading some not so fun problems with the Chromiums and getting moisture in them...even with "correct" installation.

Moisture will happen if you dont' install it properly. This is for ANY kit. Not specific to the Chromiums. So that's a red herring argument. And if you are "down" more often because you are getting a warranty, who cares if you get a free anything if it takes 2-3 tries at it.

I just think this is a matter or advertisement more than anything. Both products seem good, both products have their flaws, both products have excellent warranties.

Perhaps. I'd say you haven't really seen the "flaws" well if you haven't seen them side by side in real life. In real life it's not a contest.

I'd say the reason the chromiums are selling so well is because umnitza's and jlevi's fast responses to people's questions and posts.

Thank you, I agree, BUT, it's not the only reason. It's the retailers that make the choices as well. Bimmian, ModBargains, and many many others sell our products for good reason. They are in stock, they ship on time, they get warrantied IF there is a problem, and there is more support for them (install help, installers, etc.). We have a complete solution.

Good for you guys, thats excellent work. I just don't think vendors should bash other vendors or say their product is inferior without proof...other than the same 3 or 4 posts that have been linked to every topic on this matter.

I agree, and no one is bashing other vendors. Just extolling the virtues of the Chromium product line as a comparison against another product. Not another vendor.

So...I ended up ordering the DDE Raptors. I am glad I got to read through everyone's thought and opinions, but I received some opinions from non-vendors that swayed me in that direction, not to mention Unique Euro Design has a great deal until the end of August for $135 shipped for the non-heated. Even the non-heated Raptors are waterproof (unlike the Chromiums to my knowledge, but correct me if i'm wrong, i know you guys will ), and if later i want to upgrade to the heated raptors, it'll cost me $50...still less than the chromiums when added up.

The chromiums are also waterproof (potted) - but this has little to no bearing on the issue. Your information there is wrong.

I will leave a full detailed and honest review of the Raptors. If I find that I'm having problems with them, maybe then will I try the Chromiums.
Good, hope to see you as a customer. Give the product 1 week, then write your review.