View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #13
JmeC
Banned

My Ride: 2001 330iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
I don't think anyone here is terribly qualified to judge one way or the other.

I know from experience using our bulbs that 100W is fine up to 20 minutes of usage, of course, I agree, 80W is probably best if you don't want that last bit of output and peace of mind...that being said, you should never buy these for output unless you go higher wattage.
I was never really concerned about light output to begin with... I just want to get rid of that damn ugly yellow stock color on the high-beams and fogs to match the gorgeous Umnitza Chromiums, the LED turn signal kits and xenon low-beams. The fogs are really for show, the high-beams might be used for more than "20 minutes" when driving up north to my country place.

There is some SERIOUS compromising of the electrical wiring going on if I can't keep my fogs on or High-beams on for more than 20 minutes don't you think? I'm not talking about Xenix particularly, but 100w bulbs for 55w specced wiring systems in general.

This guy in my pm box told me how he purchased some 100w Nokyas and it caused a small fire in his engine compartment, melted the harness right off and he had to get the wires replaced, and it even damaged the computer transmitter in the dash somehow. He spent 600$ to get it all repaired and 2 weeks in the shop.

I wonder if I got the 100w and I forgot to turn my high-beams off one night. My god.
JmeC is offline   Reply With Quote