View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
2003330i

My Ride: SC'330izhp,09 335i,
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotekm3 View Post
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163972

"stepped on it a little to get into the lane then in my rear view mirror all I could see was tons and I mean tons of white smoke, then the red check engine light came on and the car stalled"

"I am getting a new engine because BMW wants this one back for testing or something. The diffinitive answer to what went wrong was " no idea " BMW is renting me a car for the 2-3 week and yes week not month wait. I get to roll around in a 2006 Dodge Charger but oh well its better than walking. I asked why I couldn't get a BMW and because of my small ass city (200k people) there is no where to rent a BMW. I also asked why I just can't keep the X5 and they said its brand new and won't be if I drive it around for 3 weeks. I understood there argument, and was just happy to hear that no questions asked new engine, no fixing. I will let all of you know when I get it back and if I have anymore problems. I think if BMW wants the engine back it must be a sign of concern, but most likely a way for there engineers to inprove the design if a flaw is detected. I am happy with the outcome, and the level of service I received, but won't be able to smile for the next 3 weeks. "
the link doesn't work