View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
I know...I was thinking the same thing. The 325 he mentioned is probably the one thats set up for track, but the turbo M3 isn't. Still...that race was unfair from the start...

Although I dont think that SC cars have a problem at the track, do they? Their power is linear enough that it shouldnt cause major problems at a track...
Right, SC cars = linear build of boost and completely predictable. Turbo cars, especially those running 14+ PSI have lag, so the driver hits the gas coming out of the corner, the engine bogs for a second and there is no traction issue, the turbo spools, full boost is reached, there is a torque overload and the wheels spin. With LSD it will make the car a beast to even keep on the track.

I'm guessing that M3 is setup more for drag anyway becuase of the turbo. He needs to put some softer rear springs on the car, set the rear so the half shafts are straight and he has almost 0 camber, and run a 245 DR if he wants to have a chance against a solid axle car with a V8. Turbo can win from a dig just gotta know how to drive and set it up.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote