09-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IN MY CAR
My Ride: 04|325CI|ALPINEWHITE
| the only problem with taping the positive and negative is that i have a CAPACITOR on my amp, will that affect anything? oh as for the ipod . i have the lastest 30gb ipod photo.. last time i check it was the lastest and i can not update it.
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
A constant INIT message would tell me your firmware is old or that the DICE is not communicating with the iPod.
Here's what I recommend:
1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.
Let me know if these steps correct the problem. If not, we'll need to know the firmware and generation of your iPod.
Last edited by TypeRvirus; 09-19-2006 at 10:37 PM.