View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #54
Kanaljen

My Ride: 2002 330i, Honda F4
First off, kudos for the extra time you must have spent to create and share this "DIY" to all of us! Class act!

Two related questions:
- You said you might have an unbalanced driveshaft.. What's the symptom, why do you think it's the driveshaft, what can be done to find out for sure and what can be done to fix it?
- You had the flywheel resurfaced: I keep hearing no-nos on resurfacing the dual mass flywheel (which I tend to dissagree with). Which shop did you use, do you happen to know of a good one in San Diego? (Maybe I can ship it to the shop you used)

Some of these questions came about after I decided to change my OEM flywheel to the UUC light flywheel kit. Long story short, I can't wait to get that thing out of there since I have vibrations, rough clutch engagement and rattling gear box. (Yes, I have tried every remedy including taking the whole thing apart a 2nd time). I want my OEM flywheel back in but it would be nice to lighten it a bit or at the very least resurface it.

Again, awsome DIY, thanks for sharing and thank you in advance for taking the time replying to my questions.
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivegotissues666 View Post
Just a quick little update:

First off sorry about the pictures. The thumbnails work but for some reason e46fanatics altered my code when I submitted the posts for the larger images, but you can just change them manually to view the larger images.

Car has been on the road for about a month and everything is running smooth except I think I may have an unbalanced driveshaft which I will take care of soon. Car is noticably quicker especially with the following that I currently have:

UUC SSK
3.46 Diff
UUC pulleys
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake

I know I didn't mention it before but the oil I used was Royal Purple Synchromax (I bought 2 quarts even though I needed a little over 1)

Just waiting on a local shop to set up an appointment to get the car flashed. They are saying it will take ~ 3-4 hours. Will need a donor car, and about half of the modules in my car will need to be reflashed.

My recommendations to all, if you can do this mod then..... DO IT. I say it was the most worthwile thing I've done to my car thus far (although I wish I had just purchased a 5 speed from the begining oh well...)

Jared
02 330i, b-sapphire, L&S package, Tan/black leather, 18" M72, Tint, Sway bars, F & R strut braces, LTW flywheel, M5 clutch, 3.15 diff, Modded exhaust, SSK, U-drive pullies, Clear front corners, smoked tail and sides, stealth bulbs, B/W roundels, blacked-out emblem, trunk spoiler, Bi-xenon, angle eyes, HID fog lights, drilled Brembo, LTW battery, VDO gauges, Premium HK, extra amps & subs, ESS S/C, PS2 235,265, pss10, adj rear ctrl arms, IC coming
Kanaljen is offline   Reply With Quote