View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #14
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
LCM reflash is not free. It's average price is $50-75.
Additionally, you have to purchase other parts along side these, possibly a new LCM in some cases. Therefore a plug and play solution that works and works better is a better choice for most.
I did not say it "was free", rather it could be done for free or cost around $50. The dealer has been known to reflash for free, depends on dealership. The dealer is also not the only place that can do it. You just have to go to a shop with the proper Computer(The M-Shop in LA is one that does).
What other parts do you "have" to buy along side these?
Yes, in some cases, early cars would need a new LCM to be bought, but for the other five years of models only a reflash..right? And those early cases could just put in the $5 resistors themselves on OEM and still be good to go with All OEM parts and quality for $25 more.
I don't see how it works better??
Like I said, for sedans I don't think there is a better choice or option.
But for the cost of $379 or anything over $280 so not worth it for Coupes/M3s.