View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandms7 View Post
I brought my 2005 330Ci in the other day to have the xenon adaptive headlight system checked out due to the headlights malfunctioning (not moving) intermittently. The previous owner of the car had angel eyes installed. I got a call later in the day, and the service advisor told me they won't cover repairing the headlight system because the headlights are no longer covered under warranty due to the angel eyes being installed. He said that since the headlight assembly had to have been opened to install the angel eyes, that action automatically voided the warranty on them. He said the only way to correct the problem is for me to purchase new headlights at a cost of $2,300!

Is there more to the "headlight system" than just the headlights? When the dealership ran a test, they found a fault code that mentioned a problem communicating with the "stepper motors". Where are those located? Is it possible that there is something wrong with the headlight system outside of the headlights?
This sounds like San Francisco BMW or Sonnen.

Now, here's the rub:

1) If your previous owner screwed up the install in some way or did some damage to the lights, then they have the right to tell you that your headlight is broken and that you should pay to fix it but you shouldn't pay $2300, that's bogus.

2) If you legitimately believe that there is no issue with your lights, feel free to visit our shop in Pleasanton, we'll look it over and even recommend a location to get it fixed for less or nothing depending on how it's installed.