View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #19
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill97Z View Post
any updates on the oem bulbs?
A couple of things happened. First I looked to see what style of bulb I need. The fronts have two types from what I can see. One has the PINs on the side at 180 degrees and the other offset at 150 degrees. On my original amber lamps the socket takes the 180 which are exactly like the 1157 bulbs. On my clears they are 180 degress. This may be the euro lamp bulbs?? So, I took my socket from ambers that can plug into the front clear lamp. It fits but just ever so slightly loose("might" allow moisture in from behind). So I went to Autozone and for $11 got their Silverish amber 1157 bulbs. They look kinda green at the center of the filament when on at night. They also state they are a 27watt bulb and the original bulbs are 21watt. So back they went.

Now, I have not bought the OEM bulbs for fear they are also a USA bulb socket of 180 degrees. I still may get the OEM bulbs but for around $25 and no lifetime warranty, uncertainty about the PINs and how silver they look..it might be better to get the Stelth bulbs.