View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #30
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
yeah, the 227s are 150... i have the OEM clears... of course you can get the 180s and use the amber carriers in the clears too.
Are you sure your 227s are 150' and not 180'? My 228s are 150 degree offset Pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
When you say 'offset', do you mean 150 (as opposed to 180)? I took out the dead bulb and the platinumvisions are 180 offset. Also, has anyone ever had the problem of a bulb getting stuck in the socket? When I removed the socket for the bulb which I thought was dead, the platinumvision was stuck inside the socket and no amount of pressure could get it off. Because I still had the original ambers, I simply took the socket from the original amber turning light and placed an amber bulb inside. The original socket (with the amber bulb) is 150 offset.
The 228s Osram bulbs I got were 150 degree offset as opposed to the 180 degree.
If the bulb gets hot it can melt the bulb carrier. Several aftermarket bulbs have done this.