View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #1288
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
To polish effectively you need good constant pressure to break the polishes down and work them continiously in to the clear coat. Its very hard to do this consistently over an entire coat, let alone four coats. It can be done its just not very easy. If you do want to do the job by hand I highly recommend the Lake Country Hand Applicator Kit. It helps work in polishes better by giving you more aggressive foam surfaces and delicate foam pads for when you apply a wax or sealant.

I have to say for a four step polish I think you'll get much better results with the Porter Cable 7424 or a rotary buffer. The PC is great because its pretty easy and safe to use and it really helps when polishing. The PC also has different foam textures to optimize polishes and get better results. Let me know if you'd like more information on the PC 7424.

For more information about applying these products by hand or with a buffer I would read our How To pages. If you have any other questions, don't hesistate to post them or contact me.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote