View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #1295
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
It depends on how far in to the clear coat the droppings have etched. If its completely through the clear coat there is no easy fix. If its only partially through the clear coat you might be able to polish it out. We typically recommend two polishes for best results. The first polish is a medium cutting polish does the majority of the heavy buffing that really helps eliminate the etching. This polish can leave a slight haze in the clear coat, which can be easily buffed out with the next step, which is the light cutting polish. This polish will make sure the clear coat is bright and vibrant again for maximum shine while further reducing the appearance of the etching. If you're buffing out the marks with a buffer I would recommend the Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II. If you're trying to do the job by hand I would use the Poorboy's World SSR2.5 and SSR1.0. If the marks is still there you can try to add another more aggressive polish but two steps is generally very effective in my experiences if the etching can be buffed out.

Please let us know if you have any questions about my recommendation or other detailing questions.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote