View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #731
JHuff328ci

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Exclamation add me to the list 328ci subframe damage 51,800 mi.

Add me to the list. jhuff328ci. The entire rear end ripped away from my subframe. My car has been lowered and has different rims/tires and a lot of other upgrades throughout. It only has 51,800 miles on it. I was concerened about BMW denying my claim. I spoke to the shop foreman at a dealership nearby. They were very familiar with the problem. He asked me to bring the car in the next day. I brought it in and received a call the very next day saying they would cover the entire repair cost AND they gave me a loaner. THANK YOU BMW. If this has happened to your car BMW DEFINETELY owns this. Be nice, but be firm. there is a class action lawsuit in the works for this. It is covering ALL 3 series cars from 1999-2005. The URL is on one of the previous pages. If you cant find it, let me know I will give it to you. I called them just in case and they are really eager to get as much response as possible. I received a call back from them in less than 8 hours on a Sunday. Bottom line: DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. This was none of our faults and BMW needs to correct this for all of us. I intend to have them install the TMS subframe kit as a precautionary measure also. I will be paying extra to have the TMS kit installed. I will be documenting my entire process to hopefully help out any others that are having this same problem. The dealership said it might take up to 1 month to fix.
JHuff328ci is offline   Reply With Quote