View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #28
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me alec View Post
Alright, here are just a couple little things..

TAIL LIGHTS:
- DO NOT FIT SEDAN
- Totally interchangeable between M and non-M coupes, or M and non-M verts (however, coupe tails are different than vert tails so they are not interchangeable between body styles).
- No modifications necessary.
I hope this does not sound nit-picky, but I think it's important to make a side note on this one for those not knowing. Although the early M3s had easily swappable clear tail lamps(filament bulbs). Most M3s will have the LED clear tail lamps. So unless the Coupe is already fitted with LEDs(like the non-Sport Pacage coupes with amber LEDs) there will be several things/modifications that need to be done. First the 2 outter rings for the "Brake Force Display" will not function and be inoperative(only thing to do is to splice them in, or buy an aftermarket inertia trigger). Also one would need one or more of the following; The correct Light Control Module, a reflash for LEDs, the LED cable/wire adapter, resistors hooked up inline, and/or check system fuse pulled. Otherwise those M3 tail lamps will throw fault codes, strobe and flash rendering them unsafe and non operative.
Once again, not taking anything away from Alec's great work, but I feel this is an important point to someone reading this info for the first time to know what to expect.