Thread: Cop Talk
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #1116
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0n Raja View Post
hey, ive heard that sometimes cops...instead using their radar they will set up a trap. Have one cop posting say at stevensons on 880 and another at say thorton on 880. They see how long it takes for one car to get from car cop A to car cop B and if its faster than what it should be driving at 65 they ticket you? I'd guess they would do this when its hard to radar someone...say in hard curvey roads i.e. the 17.
The situation you described is actually defined in the Vehicle Code as being a speed trap. Which is illegal. Chances are that the officer on the first bridge is using a LIDAR and then telling the next officer via radio who to pull over.

Quote:
Also, since you guys use radars just curious...could you get a radar scrambler...i know it sounds funny..but is that possible (not that I would do that considering that no one near be could listen to the radio)
A RADAR scrambler or jammer is illegal. But either one would be interesting to play with.

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote