View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
Mike@Modbargains
ModBargains CEO

My Ride: 2008 BMW 135i
Mike@ModBargains Review of Stoptech Stage 2 Brake kit w/Axxis Deluxe Plus Pads

Hey everyone, I had this brake kit installed recently and wanted to share with you the wonderful results I have been experiencing from this upgrade. I had the Stoptech Stage 2 brake upgrade kit installed on my car.

Here is what it came with:

- Cross-Drilled Rotors, front and rear
- Axxis Deluxe Plus Brake Pads, front and rear
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines, front and rear
- Three bottles of Motul Brake Fluid

The retail price of this entire kit starts at $569 for cross drilled and $599 for slotted. See full pricing details here:

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...e46-brakes0016

Before this upgrade, my 2000 323Ci had OEM rotors and OEM brake pads installed. I hated the brake dust and as soon as it was time for my brakes to be changed it was a no brainer for me to get the dustless Axxis Deluxe Plus brake pads on my car.

My review:

Performance:
I have noticed absolutely no performance decrease by switching to the dustless brake pads. I believe this is because of the stainless steel brake lines adding additional pedal response and the cross drilled rotors doing their job as well, improving performance.

Brake Dust:
I do not get brake dust anymore. It just doesn't exist. Previously my CSL wheels would get a dark haze of brake dust only a few days of driving. Now after a couple of weeks my wheels still look like I just cleaned them!

Pricing:
This kit costs less than an OEM BMW brake replacement kit, and you get the added benefits of cross-drilled or slotted rotors along with the dustless Axxis Deluxe Plus brake pads. It is very economical.

Aesthetics:
The cross-drilled rotors look excellent on the car! The techs who were installing the kit were very impressed with the quality of the rotors and asked me where I got them. I told them ModBargains.com will hook them up

Noise:
I haven't heard any noise AT ALL from the brakes. No squeaking, no grinding, nothing at all. Just quiet, efficient braking power. Compare this to my OEM pads which honestly had a tendency to squeak on a regular basis at low speed, and it makes me happy I did this upgrade.

Installation:
I'm a very busy guy, so I paid a local shop $100 to do the full install. This is actually a job that can be done in your own garage if you have the time to do it.

ORDER YOUR KIT HERE

ORDER YOUR KIT HERE
Mike@Modbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.