View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
chivo328

My Ride: 328/330/633/M5
Front Turn Signal Problem, Help Please!!

I have a 2000 328ci. When I bought the car there were what I believe are after market clear fornt turn signals. The bulb out indication on the dash for the fron drivers side was coming in and out for some time and then finally went completely out. I removed the lens for replacemet and found that the bulb is chrome/bright white when lit. Since its chrome I can't tell if the bulb is actuallt burnt out. Tried to find a replacement locally with out much luck. I found some 1156 type that arent chrome bute bright white anyways. Here's the problem, when I went to install the new bulb it still doesn't work. So I pulled the bulb from the passenger side and took a look to insure I was installing the correct bulb. Now neither side works with new or the old bulbs installed. Both bulbs have a single pin on the bottom but the pins look like they are shaved or maybe melted? Am I installing the correct bulbs? From what I can find on the threads here an 1156 should be the correct install. I looked at the bottom of the 1157 bulb in the store and it has 2 pins on the bottom. I'm baffled as to wht the other would stop working although the fit seems to be a bit loose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
chivo328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.