View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #60
04M3Vert

My Ride: 2004 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcurley55 View Post
thanks for the kind words - whenever an installer (DIY or otherwise) puts up an install on the web, you open yourself to criticism, constructive or otherwise.

The negative comments don't bother me one bit, there will always be others who have different opinions than I - so it's ok. Personally, I see this as an opportunity for me to learn as an installer an the board to use as a resource.

That source install is the best - BAR NONE - that has ever been in my car and with that said:

1. is it the perfect install?
2. is it the best looking install?
3. is it the right thing to do?

no on all accounts for any one but me, at the time, in my car.

with that said, zapco dc amps are in the car with a factory head, but an all alpine head to amplifier install is probably on the horizon shortly - and of couse install pics will follow as I feel it helps to grow and aid other installers!

Stay tuned!
Rcurley, since you are (at least in my world) the difinitive expert on Alpine, would I be better off using the DVA-9965 (remote mounting) with a touch screen or should I just use the VPA-B222 as my source and controller? I don't want to do the whole double din vent mod, so I'm looking to this as an alternative.

OR do I use the VPA-B222 and the DVA-9965?

on all of your post, you've really provided a lot of useful audio information to the board, in my opinion.

I also intend on using the PXA-H701 and I believe I'm going to go the way of the Blackbird for NAV and either Ranibow or Focal for the speakers.

Thanks in advance.
04M3Vert is offline   Reply With Quote