View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
Canuck328i

My Ride: 09 Altima Cpe
Nah, go original dude - the overheating just "adds to the character".

I almost went Orion (used to compete with the original 425HCCA), but decided on PPI instead.

If you haven't done much with current subs, you'll find out things are much different these days. My original competition box in 1990 had 4 Alpine 6102 ten inchers that required 1.6cuft each! These days you could put 4 10s in that 1.6 cubes alone. Unfortunately I haven't found subs that sound quite as "warm" as those Alpines did.

At least with electronic components they can last years and years. The only speakers I still have from back then are a pair of Orion 6.5" midbasses - the foam and cone are still perfect, and they went into sealed under-dash enclosures to handle midbass duty with Infinity 4" + 1/2" separates in the doors (both at the bottom in the factory midbass location), all in 3 way active config. The staging and imaging is astounding considering it is all analog processing. For once I've built a setup I haven't screwed with for nearly two years!

Sorry for going OT bro, just love talking about the old days. Back to your install thread...

Mark
Canuck328i is offline   Reply With Quote