View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #15
RSL

My Ride: 03 Evo VIII/02 325Ci
Thanks guys!

Rob, I hear ya on the amps...seems like LOTS more power for the $$ than there was 10 years ago. I have more pics if you need and of course, if you have any questions, just ask, but it's pretty straight forward.

Did you notice the deepest part of the indent to the top of the ring was 3-1/8"? The door would need to be cut anyway because a magnet would probably be too wide to stay at that depth uncut, but it looks like 3-1/4" deep mid should be doable.

The drivers side door was a total nightmare, LOL. The panel was ~3/16" higher than the passenger side for some reason so I ended up having to do all kinds of trimming/sanding/angling tweaks to get it to fit and keep the bottom of the baffle on the high edge of the door. It's still a little tight, but I've had enough of that thing for the night...paint is drying on it now. I think I am going to save cutting the doors til next week so I can get the power cables and amp installed tomorrow instead.

Mark, no problem man..."old school" was last week for me Small sub boxes = awesome. I am waiting to see the IDQ v3s. If they put them out on time (ha), the JL's may not even make it in if I haven't made a box for them by then.

I'll post some more pics later tonight after I take a shower and chill for a bit...
RSL is offline   Reply With Quote