View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 02:49 AM   #16
RSL

My Ride: 03 Evo VIII/02 325Ci
I started today by gluing together the passenger door baffle:

While that was drying, I got to work getting the stock wiring ready for the aftermarket stuff. Here I connected the + and - for the mid and the tweet like I did in the back. Soldered and heatshrinked.

Once done with that, I fabbed up a longer brace for the open side of the baffle, glued it to the baffle and painted the whole thing. That sure is flat black. I am still toying with the idea of adding another brace on top, but as it is, the door would bend before that thing moved.

It's kind of hard to see, but I used closed cell foam to seal up the area between the baffle and the indent in the door. I will likely need to pull that back out until I cut the doors or that's going to be the worlds smallest sealed enclosure

Allen head wood screws....gotta love it.

When I was done with that, I spent the rest of the day making the drivers side look like the same thing, but this time I left the foam out because I don't think it will work well until I cut the door.

Driver side tweeter baffle. Painted and used the correct washers this time (did the same on the passenger side).

Last look before I put the stock grill back over it:

While I was at HomeDepot this morning for screws and stuff, I noticed that they had the cheesiest RCA heads, so I got them I figured I'd give them a shot before trying to the solder the wires to the line level or cut up the 400MkII cable.

I also wired up the passive crossovers. These are meant for bare wires, but I wasn't having any of that. I got terminals on all of them, but what a pain. As you can from the lower pic, the terminal insulation pretty much goes all the way to the x-over cover. I'll be looking forward to pulling them apart again tomorrow to mount them....NOT.

That's about all for today. I wish I could've gotten the amp wiring done, but I farted around with the driver side baffle way too long...at least it's coming out nice and solid. The only thing that might keep me awak tonight is wondering if there is enough clearance for excursion on the mids...man would that suck if they hit after all of this!
RSL is offline   Reply With Quote