View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #41
nuc1

My Ride: money hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirsh View Post
the fit is perfect. I had to screw 3 screws on the bottom of it to attach it to the battery cover. The W7 was too deep for it though. The magnet was hitting the bottom. I was pretty pissed because this enclosure is supposedly made specifically for that sub. I had a shop make an mdf ring to raise the speaker a lil. As for sound it sounds great. This is the best sounding sub I have ever had. With the back seat down it can hit as hard as my 2 12s on some songs. It rattles my license plate like crazy. Doesn't bother me cuz I can't hear it inside the car but I think i'm going to put some foam on it to stop the rattling. I am/was a big basshead who until recently was only satisfied with the bass from 2 12s. I am very happy with this sub and kind of happy with the box. I get a lot of compliments about how good my sub sounds.

The 10W7 doesn't fit????? Not good....How large of a ring did you have to make to fit the sub? Is it noticable (any pics)? I believe there is a minimum distance that is required between the back of the sub's magnet and the enclosure. Can't seem to find it on JL's website....any thoughts? TIA!!
nuc1 is offline   Reply With Quote