Thread: hampton roads
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #86
RJ2kWJ

My Ride: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by vze3t229@verizo View Post
Hey guys,
Thanks for the good word Arronax!!!! As with the body shops and painting......I know of a few places. I had my entire E36 painted to factory fininsh fo almost a year. The finish is superb and I do not have any problems till this day. The bodyshop is called Autoelite. He does custom painting and has his work featured in some well known auto mags. Give them a call his name is Brian. The bodyshops we (Checkered Flag) deal are Art Walkers, Phillips Collision and Eurofinish. I personally would go with Phillips. They also deal with all other german makes and used paints approved for BMW and Mercedes. The companies listed above also repairs boby/paints our used and certified used autos along with some of our rentals that customers f'd up. Either of these companis are reputable and we deal with those companies on a day to day basis. I just can't understand why the guy with a CSL-bumper is not happy. Art Walkers.....these people are great!!! To each there own!!

Jeff
Checkered Flag BMW Parts
DINAN Perfomance Rep
Well I've gotten a bumper done there before and they did a good job... But this time around I delivered the bumper and asked them to prep it, keep the grill black, and do your normal great job on the bumper.

So I get it back and have to go back to school so I cant keep it there longer, and the lines from the mold are still there, the grill is blue, and the paint peeled off no more than a month later along the left side of the bumper.
RJ2kWJ is offline   Reply With Quote